Greetings Parish Youth Leaders!
You have come to the right place for all the information you need to register your group for the Region 10 Catholic Youth Conference in Oklahoma City, OK.
This year's RCYC will be held on November 21-23 and is themed "Striving and Thriving".
To register a parish group, please read and follow the instructions below:
All registration forms and money MUST be in to the Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministries NO LATER THAN September 30, 2014.
All of the forms you need are linked in the box to the left.
- Begin publicizing RCYC to your high school teens and their parents.
- At the same time begin recruiting your adult chaperones. Remember to plan on at least a 5:1 ratio of cleared adults over 21 years of age. Young adults 18-21 may come along as "chaperones-in-training", but may not be counted as adults in your adult:youth ratio.
- Young people in need of monetary assistance may apply for scholarship funds offered through Region 10 Youth Ministry. The awards are made based on need and will cover all or a portion of the registration cost only (maximum $95). Housing, food and transportation are not included in a Region 10 scholarship. Scholarship information and an application form may be found in the box on the left of this page. Applications must be turned in to the Diocese of Dallas Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry no later than September 10, 2014.
- Begin collecting money and forms from participants. Total cost for each participant is $250, with the following exceptions:
- If you have a chaperone who is a certified EMT or nurse, we may be able to offer them a partial scholarship for serving in that capacity for us. Please contact Kevin Dougherty for more information.
- If anyone in your group will require housing at less than 4 people per room, there is an extra charge to accommodate for that. Those charges are listed on the Parish Registration Financial Cover Sheet.
- Collect a set of forms for each participant. Check to make sure all are complete with requested information included and all the necessary signatures.
- Each participant should fill out an Individual Registration Form (Form E) which you will use to enter registration information as well as to check off required paperwork.
- Each youth participant must provide a signed Liability Waiver, Permission and Medical Consent (Form L) and a signed Youth Code of Conduct (Form N).
- Each adult participant must provide a signed Adult Liability Waiver and Medical Consent (Form M) and a signed Guidelines for Adult Chaperones (Form O).
- You will need to provide the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries with one (1) copy of each form (do NOT staple please). And you will need to keep three (3) copies of each form. The originals may be counted as one of the copies of either set. Your copies will be used as follows:
- One set should be left at your parish office or with your parish emergency contact person
- One set should travel and be kept with your parish leader
- You will distribute the final set to the participants as they board the bus on Friday to keep on their person at all times.
- Fill out and email the Parish Registration Spreadsheet to Kevin Dougherty firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30, 2014. Be sure to check spelling of all names. On a separate file, please send any housing requests such as participants who you wish to room together.
- Fill out the Group Registration Financial Cover Sheet. Provide one parish check for the full amount due to the Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministries.
- Put together the packet of materials to go to the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries. Include:
- One copy of each participant form. Please make SURE all forms are completely filled out and SIGNED. (NO STAPLES PLEASE!)
- Group Registration Financial Cover Sheet
- ONE parish check for the balance due
- Mail or deliver packet to the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries NO LATER THAN Friday, September 30.
- Finally, provide Kevin Dougherty with the name and phone number(s) of your primary parish contact person in case of a major emergency. This is normally your pastor, but he may designate another person if he wishes. The person needs to understand they should remain available and accessible 24 hours a day throughut the weekend in case of an emergency. The phone number you provide (especially if it is the pastor's private number) will be kept strictly confidential.
MAKE SURE TO:
- Set a date and time to meet with all chaperones. Go over expectations and safe environment guidelines. Make sure everyone is on the same page as you are.
- Set a date and time to meet with all participants and parents and make sure they have all the information they need and have all their questions answered.